This SDL occupies a strategic location along the N69 road corridor in close proximity to both Limerick City and the Port of Foynes. The landbank is zoned for large-scale marine related industry or industrial projects of national/international scale and is recognised as having potential synergies with the Port of Foynes for port-related development. Other compatible developments may be feasible on the site provided they do not compromise the primary development objective of providing for large-scale industrial investment.
- Proximity to Foynes Port (10 km), an EU Ten-T Tier One Port which handles a range of liquid, break and dry bulk vessels as well as providing warehousing, cargo handling and logistics services, with a minimum water depth of 10.5m.
- Frontage to existing National Primary road (N69), route connecting Limerick City (30 km) and Foynes Port (10 km), route currently subject to significant upgrade plans.
- Road linkage with Limerick Southern Ring Road provides access to major cities via Ireland’s motorway network, linkage with Limerick Tunnel allows easy direct access to Shannon International Airport.
- Direct access to Shannon International Airport which provides daily flights to major hubs in the USA, UK and Europe in addition to air freight services.
- Adjacent to rail network from which passenger services connect with major cities and towns.
- Fibre optic Broadband is available from multiple Telecoms providers.
Infrastructure and Material Assets
- A new Waste Water Treatment Plant is under consideration, development proposals may need to consider an onsite WWTP subject to the volume and characteristics of effluent to be treated.
- There are restrictions on potable water supply but proposals to pipe water from a water treatment plant in Limerick are under consideration.
- Power is supplied via a 110kV line which runs close to the South Western aspect of the site.
- The Galway to Limerick high-pressure Natural Gas pipeline (70 bar pressure) is located approx. 1.5km to the South of the site, a spur from the main pipeline would be required to bring gas to the site.
- 98 Hectares of zoned land available immediately for development
- A prime greenfield estuarine site on the Southern bank of the Shannon Estuary
- This SDL benefits from both statutory and policy support at local and National level
- Site already subjected to Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA) as required by EU legislation and thus comes with the attraction of significantly reduced development risk